[LRUG] Chef or Puppet

mudge mudge at mudge.name
Tue Aug 2 08:04:04 PDT 2011

Hi all,

As others have mentioned, I'm planning to cover Puppet in my
presentation on Monday. I'll be walking through the setup of a server
to run a typical Rails application and it's going to involve a decent
amount of detail so you can get a feel for the Puppet Language.

While I'll be using Puppet and Ruby, I completely agree with Thom:
whether you choose Chef or Puppet, the key is embracing configuration
management in the first place.

Both Chef and Puppet seem to be garnering a lot of support in the Ruby
community lately and, like George, I'll be loitering in the pub in
Monday so please feel free to come up to me if I haven't managed to
convince you.