[LRUG] Chef or Puppet

Gerhard Lazu gerhard at lazu.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 03:40:42 PDT 2011

Richard,

If you go down the chef-server route, you will indeed end up with less hair,
but if you take chef-solo, it gets you there in a heartbeat.

A good boot script is the secret sauce that holds everything together, but
once you have that, there's really nothing to it.

If you'll be at LRUG, let's chat, I'm really interested in your GUI project.
If chef lacks something, that would be a half-decent GUI and a leaner server
component.

Gerhard