[LRUG] [JOB] Rails Developer

Jason Langenauer jason at jasonlangenauer.com
Fri Dec 9 04:54:33 PST 2011

Hi,

I've been a lurker on this list and at a few LRUG meetings, but to
introduce myself, I'm the director of engineering (grand title, though
still a small team!) at TradeMobile, a startup located in Mayfair.
We're currently looking for 2 permanent rails developers to start with
us in the new year.

I've included the position description below. Any questions or queries
can be sent to me at this email address, and if you wish to apply,
please do so to trademobile.jobs at gmail.com. No recruiters.

Cheers

Jason Langenauer

Position Description – (Senior) Rails Developer

TradeMobile Ltd is a small, funded startup developing a platform to
allow publishers to create rich, mobile experiences for their
traditional books. We are seeking a Rails developer to work on the
back-end system which processes and analyses the text of books, and
allows publishers to mark-up and associate rich media and other
semantically relevant material with the text.

Requirements
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years professional Ruby on Rails development experience
- Past experience with TDD/BDD and ability to produce idiomatic,
well-designed Ruby code.
- Thorough knowledge of web technologies and best practices – HTTP,
HTML, SQL, security, caching and general application performance
- Strong Git skills
- Experienced with either MySQL or Postgres databases

Nice to have
- Previous experience or strong interest in artificial intelligence,
machine learning or natural language processing
- Experience with Java (JRuby in particular)
- Experience with programming languages of a different paradigm to
Ruby (e.g. Haskell, Lisp, Erlang, Clojure and the like)
- Strong Javascript experience & knowledge
- Strong HTML / CSS experience & knowledge
- Linux / System administration skills

Candidates with a Github repository showing well-written projects, or
other contributions to open-source projects will be viewed very
favourably.

What we offer
- A competitive salary to attract high calibre developers
- Build your own work station – Mac, Linux, multiple monitors. Even
Windows if you really must.
- 10% time to work on your own projects
- A open-source culture committed to releasing our own code and
contributing to other projects where possible.