[LRUG] Receiving a one-off payment from the U.S.

Damon Allen Davison damon.davison+lrug at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 03:05:22 PST 2011

I'd like to chime in that it does really sound odd that he doesn't
"want" to wire the money via his bank, which is the most usual of
transactions. But some American banks don't offer international
transfers, so that might be a problem.

American Express and Western Union (as previously noted) allow people
to walk in and pay them in cash to do a transfer. There are loads of
places that offer these services in all decent-sized metro areas in
the US--your client can look for the "enviar dinero" signs ;) WU also
provide this service online at http://www.westernunion.com/

We get international payments via Paypal all the time on both my
personal account and on our merchant account. It works well and the
charge is competitive. I'd just use Paypal.