[LRUG] VACANCY: Graduate Linux system administrator

Gabrielle Luciano gabrielle.luciano at xtrahost.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 07:38:39 PST 2011

About us:
Xtraordinary Hosting (www.xtrahost.co.uk) is a well established UK Webhosting Provider that's been in operation for 10 years.

What we are looking for:
We are recruiting for a graduate Linux system engineer.

The position is ideally suited for a University graduate with a degree in computing or information systems (minimum 2:1), and who is looking to develop their career. The candidate must be passionate about Linux and be able to demonstrate their skills. Professional experience is not necessary if the candidate has personal experience of using Linux as a server and is keen to learn and develop their skill set.

You must have a strong interest in the following:
Systems administration in Linux and other operating systems
TCP/IP ethernet networking
Servers and operating systems
Cloud and virtualisation

Job role with varied responsibilities:
Physical deployment of servers, network equipment and firewalls in datacentre racks
Operating system installation
System administration
Research and testing
Scripting
Monitoring system health

Career Prospects:
We are a people focussed business and believe that people are our biggest asset. We actively work to develop and further the careers of our team members. In-business training and mentoring is provided as part of this position.

This position may develop into a senior engineering position within our growing systems and networking teams.

Salary and other:
This role is based in our central London office near Liverpool Street station.

Up to £25k dependent on degree and experience. Review after 6 months.
40 hours per week. Office hours. In addition the job holder will be on-call for out of hours cover on a rota-basis.

You must be able to speak English fluently as this position requires communication with business customers in the UK.

To apply for this position please reply to this ad, include your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited to this position.

No agencies.

Gabrielle Luciano

Xtraordinary Hosting : http://www.xtrahost.co.uk
sales at xtrahost.co.uk