[LRUG] Puzzle

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Thu Feb 10 03:21:15 PST 2011

Hola El Rug,

Here's a little teaser for you...

I have two sets of photos; we'll call them urban and nature.  Both sets contain about 6-9 photos, but not necessarily the same number.

I also have about 15-20 pages on a site, spread more or less evenly across three sections.  Each page has a title unique to its section (and, if it helps, we can assume unique across all the pages).

On each page I want to display one photo from each set.

The constraints in descending order are:

* The code should change as little as possible when I add or remove a page or photo.
* We should use each photo at least once.
* A combination of [urban photo, nature photo] should not appear on more than one page.
* And we should try to use all the photos roughly uniformly.

Your time starts...now!

Yours,
Andy Stewart

-------