[LRUG] Pleasure meeting everyone and thank you for letting Ruby Nuby present on how we bring RoR/Entrepreneurial training to disadvantaged and at-risk youths

Malcolm Arnold malcolmarnoldnyc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 04:14:48 PST 2011

Hello London Rubyists,

Thank you very much for letting Ruby Nuby present at last month's meeting.
If you would like Ruby Nuby to be located in London, please let me know.  We
have a plan that can scale rapidly providing that we find the funding.
While in London, I met briefly with UK officials that are interested in
supporting our endeavors there.

Please keep in mind that we will be doing a used laptop donation drive to
bring these laptops and training to Uganda/Kenya later in the year.  I am
currently in Uganda/Kenya to partner with organizations and universities
here. So, if you would like to donate a computer or come volunteer instruct
in Uganda/Kenya before heading on Safari, please let me know.  We hope to
get free housing and other perks for those who come help out.

--
namaste,

Malcolm Arnold
RubyNuby, Founder

Thank you to everyone who voted for Ruby Nuby to win a grant from British
Airways.  We won a trip to London, Uganda and Kenya.  We are going to see
what they are doing with open source learning and mobile devices.  Our
winning 2-minute elevator pitch is below.
http://bit.ly/cPwRvQ
*

Our temporary website:
www.meetup.com/ruby-nuby-info/  *