[LRUG] March march march MARCH

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:39:48 PST 2011

On 18 February 2011 15:50, Priit Tamboom <priit at mx.ee> wrote:

> > On Monday 7th March we'll be hearing from James Coglan on Primer (a rails
>
> Wow, so early, shouldn't it be on 14th of March?

It should be, but Skills Matter have something else on the 14th that has
loads of registrations already, so they offered us a small room, or the 7th
or 21st.  After asking the list [1] and talking with the speakers I went for
the 7th.

> Now I wonder does "the 2nd Monday of the month" means it happens on
> every second week's Monday (7th of March) or every second Monday (14th
> of March)?

Nope, there's no trickery. It means exactly what it says, the second Monday
of the month (e.g. between the 8th and 14th), we just sometimes have to
change if the world demands it.  I try to give as much notice as I can when
this happens.

Muz

[1] http://lists.lrug.org/pipermail/chat-lrug.org/2011-February/005613.html*

* it's a bit passive aggressive bringing this up, isn't it? **

** but then so's trying to make it into a joke, yeah? ***

*** STOP NOW