[LRUG] Writing Module Docs (RDoc?)

Ash Berlin ash_lrug at firemirror.com
Sat Feb 12 03:11:14 PST 2011

On 12 Feb 2011, at 10:39, Gareth Humphries wrote:
> Last time I got fed up with syslog (for muchly the same reasons), i used syslog-ng instead.  It's still very sysloggy, but let's you do sensible things like define your own facility.  Definitely not a holy grail, but much better than syslog.
> It has a much more flexible configuration system, though it takes a bit more work to grok.

I'm currently using rsyslog due to the fact that its in debian. Its better than default syslog but my god does the config syntax make me weep.

I really need to get round to setting up a deb compile/build process as I'd also quite like nginx logging to a syslog so I can easily collect logs to a central log host.

-ash