[LRUG] Writing Module Docs (RDoc?)

Ash Berlin ash_lrug at firemirror.com
Fri Feb 11 02:32:06 PST 2011

'lo,

I've just recently started a job doing Ruby as Dev/Ops and I finally got fed up enough with the built in Syslog library (specifically the limit on one prognam and one facility per process) to try and find something better.

So first question: Is there a syslog library that isn't built on top of the core Syslog library? Although I did have a look around and couldn't find one that might just be because I was looking in the wrong places.

Assuming there's not; my next question is can anyone point me at a good resource *for doc writers* on how to write rdoc? I found one or two guides on google a few nights ago but they weren't what I was expecting. I'm after something along the lines of: "Place comments here to get {class,module,file,method} documented. Comments look like this. Format codes are this"

Any pointers?

Noobily,
Ash