[LRUG] Outbound mail API

Richard Taylor rich at richt.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 04:40:16 PST 2011

I've been working on an API-based outbound transactional mail service and
I'd like to offer it for free to LRUG developers for your own personal
projects.  All I ask is that you only use it for legit opted-in mailings,
don't use it to send bulk email (we'll be adding support for that later) and
you provide me with feedback on the existing service and what else you would
like it to do.  You can use it for commercial projects but obviously if you
start sending huge amounts of mail then I'll be in touch!

The service is production quality (I use it for all my existing live
projects) but not completely feature-rich.  I've already written a ruby
client library with plugins for Rails 2.x and 3.x so it should be handy for
any side-projects you might have on the go, it will work fine from Heroku
too.

If you're interested then just sign up for the beta at
https://sendhub.net/and then drop me a mail so I can mark your account
and I'll send you the
invite.

Cheers,