[LRUG] Recurring Payments and subscriptions

Tim Harding tim.harding at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 05:54:39 PST 2011

We have Website Payments Standard. Nothing Pro about it, just signed up over
the web and got going. That was the case for two separate businesses. We
then went through the process of "verifying" our accounts by attaching a
bank account and a visa debit and letting them know the small payment
amounts they credited.

We created a "subscribe now" button using their button generator and set up
the terms in it.

Then the IPN implementation was one controller with a couple of methods to
pay attention to their notifications of signup and end of term and a
pass-through value we sent with the customer from our site to marry it all
up.

It's a shame you've had a different experience, it was a very easy way to
get up and going on day one for us.

-Tim

On 30 January 2011 16:40, George Palmer <george.palmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've had numerous problems in the past getting PayPal to turn recurring
> > billing on. You need to pay for their Website Payments Pro account, which
> is
> > not a simple transaction: it's pretty much a full merchant account
> > application, and the bar they ask you to jump over is relatively high.
> You
> > need to have been trading for 3+ years with them, and have a reasonable
> > trading history with them on their standard package before they'll really
> > consider you, in my experience.
>
> I'm not sure if that's still the case, or if it is, we seemed to have
> slipped through the net.  We setup on a new business account and at
> the time of applying for recurring payments, had been a company for
> less than 2 years.
>
> --
> George Palmer
> Founder
> http://www.digitaldeliveryapp.com

Tim Harding

Well Informed Ltd
Registered in England & Wales
Company number 06707839
Registered office: Suite 235, 77 Beak St, London, W1F 9DB