[LRUG] Weather forecast for the February meeting: Lightning

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 08:36:57 PST 2011

THE RESULTS SHOW!

34 : Tom Stuart: ARel / Relational Algebra
33 : James Adam: an exploration of why nobody needs to write any more test
frameworks
30 : Gerhard Lazu: i) How do we suck in 480 books per second from Amazon's
API using Ruby via Redis into MongoDB
29 : Jim Myhrberg: Redistat - https://github.com/jimeh/redistat
26 : Roland Swingler: Arduino + Ruby
26 : Ed Davey: ruby search systems (Sunspot, acts_as_ferret, ultraspinx,
thinking_sphinx, acts_as_solr, acts_as_xapian, xapit, raw my
21 : Ben Griffiths: BASIC interpreter - https://github.com/techbelly/BASIC
21 : Trevor Turk: Carrier Wave - https://github.com/jnicklas/carrierwave
20 : Chris Lowis: i) W3C Audio XG Group (audio + javascript)
20 : Tom ten Thij: xpath + xpath use patterns in capybara
19 : Neil Middleton: Convincing a customer to go Rails, after years of
something else
17 : Gerhard Lazu: ii) What to do when you can't/shouldn't stub the external
service? Amazon automated purchasing without the API
5 : Chris Lowis: ii) LRUG Podcast

It took some time to interpret these results, but finally I worked out that
talks on the night will be:

Tom Stuart: ARel / Relational Algebra
James Adam: an exploration of why nobody needs to write any more test
frameworks
Gerhard Lazu: How do we suck in 480 books per second from Amazon's API using
Ruby via Redis into MongoDB
Jim Myhrberg: Redistat - https://github.com/jimeh/redistat
Roland Swingler: Arduino + Ruby
Ed Davey: ruby search systems (Sunspot, acts_as_ferret, ultraspinx,
thinking_sphinx, acts_as_solr, acts_as_xapian, xapit, raw mysql)
Ben Griffiths: BASIC interpreter - https://github.com/techbelly/BASIC
Chris Lowis: W3C Audio XG Group (audio + javascript)
Tom ten Thij: xpath + xpath use patterns in capybara

Hope everyone's happy with that.

I'll throw this up on LRUG.org, Lanyrd and pass it over to Skills Matter
over the weekend. The registration link should be along shortly.

Cheers,

Muz