[LRUG] Recurring Payments and subscriptions

Zach Inglis zachinglis-lists at londonmade.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 06:38:40 PST 2011

We were going to do a similar setup, except we're doing it with Lloyds and it's proving to be a nightmare.

They are suggesting they do not recognise Recurly as a safe company even though they are PCI Compliant. You may have the same problems with HSBC so do check before you invest too much money. Because this is a new company, we're unfortunately having to deposit £10,000 also as backup payment. You may find yourself in the same boat if you have no trading history.

The number one advice I have always got when building startups was "Don't roll your own billing system" by the way.