[LRUG] Recurring Payments and subscriptions

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 06:59:53 PST 2011

On 31 January 2011 13:54, Tim Harding <tim.harding at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a shame you've had a different experience, it was a very easy way to
> get up and going on day one for us.

Same here: I got Paypal up and running a few years back very easily
using recurring payments. We did go through the same process that Tim
did, verifying our bank accounts etc, but it wasn't much hassle. Our
implementation is a very simple subscribe button which redirects to
Paypal's payment pages, so that might explain the difference.

Thanks
Chris

> On 30 January 2011 16:40, George Palmer <george.palmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I've had numerous problems in the past getting PayPal to turn recurring
>> > billing on. You need to pay for their Website Payments Pro account,
>> > which is
>> > not a simple transaction: it's pretty much a full merchant account
>> > application, and the bar they ask you to jump over is relatively high.
>> > You
>> > need to have been trading for 3+ years with them, and have a reasonable
>> > trading history with them on their standard package before they'll
>> > really
>> > consider you, in my experience.
>>
>> I'm not sure if that's still the case, or if it is, we seemed to have
>> slipped through the net.  We setup on a new business account and at
>> the time of applying for recurring payments, had been a company for
>> less than 2 years.
>>
>> --
>> George Palmer
>> Founder
>> http://www.digitaldeliveryapp.com
>

> --
> Tim Harding
>
> Well Informed Ltd
> Registered in England & Wales
> Company number 06707839
> Registered office: Suite 235, 77 Beak St, London, W1F 9DB

Chris Parsons
CEO ~ Eden Development

Office: +44 (0)845 0097 094
Email:  chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Web: http://edendevelopment.co.uk

This e-mail is from Eden Development. It has been sent in confidence
to the named addressee(s). This
message may contain legally privileged information and is for the use
of the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not use, reveal, copy,
distribute or print this message. Please
notify the sender by return e-mail and then delete the message from
your computer system. Thank
you. Your contact details will be held and used by us in accordance
with the Data Protection Act.
Eden Development Limited is registered in England. Our registration
number is: 5212702. Our
registered office is: Eden Development, Venta Court, 20 Jewry St,
Winchester, SO23 8FE.