[LRUG] Change of pub venue?

Joel Chippindale joel.chippindale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:34:09 PDT 2011

As the August LRUG registration goes up I realise that my sporadic
attendance of LRUG in recent months has been, at least in part, because I
find the Slaughtered Lamb a bit too noisy and crowded to be able to
comfortably chat to fellow LRUGers post meet.

How about a change of pub venue for after the meeting?

Here are some pubs a similar distance away from the meet

- The Old Ivy House (
http://www.fancyapint.com/Pub/london/the-old-ivy-house/141)
- The White Lion (http://www.fancyapint.com/Pub/london/white-lion/265)
- The Chequers (
http://www.randompubfinder.com/review.php?Name=The_Chequers,_44_Old_Street&Pub=789
)
- The Sutton Arms (
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/50/5043/Sutton_Arms/Clerkenwell) -
this is opposite the Slaughtered Lamb but is perhaps a bit small for us all.

I'll have to admit to not getting very hands on with this research so I
haven't actually visited any of these, except for the Sutton Arms. However I
feel confident that some more dedicated beer afficionados on the LRUG list
might have already scoped these out and be able to give a bit more insight
into their suitability.

What say you local pub experts?

J.