[LRUG] London-based designereloper needed

Lee Henson lee at musicglue.com
Thu Jul 21 10:01:55 PDT 2011

Hi list

Sorry for yet another job list, anyone would think this ruby thing is taking
off. :p

Music Glue is looking for a permanent, full-time developer / designer to
fulfill a couple of roles in the company. On the design side we have a
regular stream of work designing and building websites for all kinds of
people in the music industry. We deliver customised Wordpress solutions for
our clients (e.g. http://www.communionmusic.co.uk/), so a little php is
advantageous here alongside the usual strong html/css/js. The majority of
your time though would be spent improving the design, user experience and
code of our core services, and this is where the ruby side of it comes
in. We are building the foundations of a global system, so you'll get to
work on the types of technology that caters for that. Rails, sinatra, mongo,
chef, rabbitmq, varnish, rspec, and, all, the, other, good, stuff.

We are based in the centre of Camden and work with thousands of artists
worldwide including a number of superstars, festivals and globally renowned
venues. If you are into music and enjoy going to gigs etc then this is a
fantastic opportunity for you. Salary will depend on experience, and please
supply samples of your design work.

Cheers!
Lee