[LRUG] Cross Site Ajax for Rails using EASYXDM or any other system...

Satish N Kota satishkota at heurionconsulting.com
Thu Jul 28 03:38:33 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I need to implement a cross site ajax operation where clients can use a base
javascript which they embed in their page and on load of the page, we should
be able to send information to the site. This is something like disqus.com
where for an article there are comments loaded via ajax and all operations
are use ajax, except login..But in my case I want to display questions and
answers on client end but my concept is all similar. Currently my
evaluations are

1.	EasyXDM
2.	CORS
3.	JSONP

Taking into consideration that my solutions should to support IE7, CORS
fail.and taking into consideration that I need to do a post, JSONP fails.
Which means I am left with EasyXDM. or if anybody have better solutions then
my advance thanks for the same. I would like to know if any body have used
EasyXDM, if yes, then how to integrate it in the server, I am not able to
find good articles of step by step integration. secondly are there any
integration issues I should be aware of?

We are using Rails 3.0.9 and Ruby 1.9.2p180

Is there any alternate systems that I can take a look at?

Thanks and Regards

Satish Kota