[LRUG] Sites drop off web

Mark Woods mwoods at online.ie
Sat Jul 23 03:45:09 PDT 2011

Hi Andy,

I don't really have any new suggestions to add to the thread, but I
noted your hesitation to contact the VPS host without gathering more
data first. I'd recommend contacting them anyway, you've gone to
considerable effort already to track down any local cause already. I'm
sure you could gather more info, and we all like to receive as much
info as possible when receiving issue reports, but you have a
reasonable suspicion that the cause it outside of your control.

BTW, you can inspect the contents of the wtmp and lastlog binary log
files by using the last and lastlog commands.

Mark