[LRUG] [OT] On "This message may not have been sent by:"

George Ornbo george at shapeshed.com
Wed Jul 27 04:40:28 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:20:28PM +0100, Murray Steele wrote:
> It may just have to be something we live with.

Yes.

> Unless I've read that "learn more" link[1] wrong and there's a proper solution?

Looks like this is a common issue[1][2][3].

The link recommends setting SPF settings but that's useless for a
gmail.com account. Basically everyone would have to stop using gmail and
start using domain names that you can set an SPF record for the mailman
server. A totally pants and unworkable solution.

Maybe Gmail will iron this out in time for lists. The issue is firmly
with Gmail for me.

[1]: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.kernelnewbies/38601
[2]:
http://snowulf.com/2011/06/29/gmail-thinks-this-message-may-not-have-been-sent-by-you/