[LRUG] [Job] Rails contractor required

Leo Shaw lrug at leoshaw.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 15:40:56 PDT 2011

Hi LRUG,

We're looking for a solid developer with Rails experience to work on a
contract basis - fairly flexible about the number of hours but ideally
one or two days per week to begin with.

You'd be working on a couple of Rails 2.3.5 apps designed for the
insurance market: there's a good balance of new features and bug fixes
so it should be interesting work, it's just that the list of tickets
is getting longer rather than shorter hence the need for an extra pair
of hands.

You'd be working directly with me, ideally meeting up once a week or
so in or around London.  A proven ability to solve problems with
clean, efficient and well-tested code is more important than
familiarity with specific tools, but we'd expect you to have at least
one Rails app under your belt, be familiar with at least one version
control system, and naturally have an interest in new technology.

Anyway, please get in touch with CV and rates if this sounds interesting.

Kind regards,

Leo Shaw