[LRUG] Sites drop off web

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Fri Jul 22 03:39:29 PDT 2011

On 22 Jul 2011, at 11:29, George Palmer wrote:
> Yeah I'd personally check the sites at that time (as painful as it may be).  The other thing to watch is BST/GMT differences - is it definitely 4:30?
>
> On 22 July 2011 11:27, Neil Middleton <neil.middleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Connectivity?
>
> Neil

Thanks for all the responses.

I'll ask the VPS provider if they backup their images then, or anything else which might affect connectivity.

I checked root's crontab; there's nothing there around the time in question.

I'll also run try to ssh into the boxes at 4.30am and see what happens.

Regarding timezones, I've checked the times and I don't think I'm mistaken.  The VPSs run on EST, currently five hours behind UK time.  I receive the emails from Pingdom at 4.30am UK time, which equates to 11.30pm the previous day on the VPS, and that's the time I've been looking for in the servers' logs.

Cheers,
Andy

-------
http://airbladesoftware.com