[LRUG] Rails 3 tutorials?

Nick Ludlam nick at recoil.org
Wed Jun 1 03:39:33 PDT 2011

'ello elrug,
I've got someone starting at BERG who is going to be diving into Rails for the first time. Since it's been flippin' years since I considered learning it from scratch, I'm a little out of touch. What's the modern equivalent of DHH's epic "Oops" video?

The lovely Tom Stuart, who's sitting behind me, suggested http://railsforzombies.org/ , and http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ also seems good. Does anyone else know of tutorials that aren't horribly dry, and un-fun?

Cheers,
Nick