[LRUG] Digital Science is hiring

Steven Mohapi-Banks steven.mohapibanks at me.com
Fri Jun 10 01:55:46 PDT 2011

Good evening chaps,

Apologies for the shameless job pimping, I am a long-time list lurker. I hope this will be of interest to some developers out there.

I'm the CTO at Digital Science (http://digital-science.com). We're a new company, owned by Macmillan Publishers, that has been set up for one reason; to improve the tools and services available to scientists and researchers, the people who are changing our understanding of the world around us.

I'm currently looking for two engineers to seed a new core team that will be building the platform and APIs the rest of the company will rely on to build and deploy their applications on. We're interested in people with expertise in Ruby and EventMachine/Goliath, who like experimenting and finding elegant solutions to tricky problems. We're also working on lots of interesting projects around data mining, natural language processing, metrics and analytics, etc so there's tonnes of room to grow.

We're a small but growing team, we're using a great technology stack and we need smart people to help us. If it sounds intriguing, check out our site or drop me a line and I'd be happy to talk to you about what we're up to.

Thanks for listening,
Steve

--
Steven Mohapi-Banks