[LRUG] BBC Developer Opportunity (Contract)

Jon Leighton j at jonathanleighton.com
Thu Jun 16 02:15:43 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have been asked to forward the below to the list.

Best Wishes,
Jon

---------------------------------------

Hi there,

BBC Vision are looking to hire a Ruby Developer to work with us for a
2-3 month contract, with the possibility of ongoing work.

The position is within a small, friendly R&D team who are looking into
new ways to search, share and navigate Archive BBC TV and Radio.

We require somebody to develop the download component for our protoype
system,  helping us build a web API, queue system and daemon /
background process. We are developing mainly in Ruby but this component
could feasibly be built in another unix-friendly technology.

We’d like to hire immediately but are willing to be flexible for the
right candidate.  We are also flexible about remote / home working once
a developer has got up to speed.  We typically have a single weekly
update meeting in White City, London W12.

If you'd like to know more about the project, or would like to put
yourself forward for the role please email rob.cooper at bbc.co.uk with
your CV, contact details and day rate.

Rob