[LRUG] Pruning a tree

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Wed Jun 29 01:10:25 PDT 2011

On 28 Jun 2011, at 23:11, Olly Headey wrote:
> >I'm not using ancestry or other tree gems
>
> Out of interest, why not?  Ancestry is excellent.  Overkill for what you need?

I agree Ancestry is really good.  However when I tried to run the convert-parent-ids-to-ancestry-path-strings on my tree of ~773k nodes, it took ages and after an hour I gave up and killed the process.

Maybe at a later date I'll need some of the scopes Ancestry provides, but until then I'm fine just walking up and down the tree using `belongs_to :parent` and `has_many :children`.

Cheers,
Andy

-------
http://airbladesoftware.com