[LRUG] Ruby recommendation engine, API experience?

John Kat john_kat at lineone.net
Fri Mar 11 03:54:24 PST 2011

Hi All

I have just joined the London Ruby User Group in the hope of getting
some more exposure to Ruby.

I am involved in an exciting new company start-up, which is
contemplating building its solution the Ruby way. I have had some
personal experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, but not in a commercial
or large scale environment. We looking at doing some stuff around
personalisation (with ratings) and recommendations (similar to
said.fm/last.fm - but not with audio), third-party API integration and
service based architecture with messaging. If there is anyone out there
that has some ruby experience with some of this stuff (particularly in
start-up) then I would be interested in getting in touch so that we
could share experience, with the possibility of getting involved. Any
work mutually agreed would of course attract at least the minimum wage
:-). Anyone can reach me directly at john_kat at lineone.net.

John.