[LRUG] Rails developer position

steven shingler shingler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:57:15 PST 2011

Hi all,

We at Wordtracker are looking for a Rails developer (or two).

I've written up some stuff about us and what we're looking for here:
http://www.wordtracker.com/blog/rails-developer-position

Here's an excerpt:

We're a well-known company, with a strong brand and a worldwide client-base.
We are a self-sustaining business which has been running successfully for
over 10 years - there's no VC funding. We have 5 Rails3 apps in production,
and we're going to launch another very soon. We're using some pretty
interesting technologies in the Rails space, such as Resque and Sphinx. Our
main keywords tool runs over 10,000 searches a day and our production
infrastructure is spread over 14 machines. We're a sociable bunch of people
- evenings out are a regular feature. Most of our test code is written in
test-unit with Shoulda and Mocha but we have some RSpec tests too. We also
have some PHP and C++ code in production - skills in those technologies
would be a definite plus. We use MySQL (with Sphinx) for data storage and
git for our versioning. Views are rendered with Haml. Front end skills –
jQuery, Javascript, Html, Sass, CSS are also important.

Give me a shout if you're interested.

Cheers,
Steven
Steven Shingler