[LRUG] Hack 4 Japan UK satellite event in London on 22nd May

Makoto Inoue inouemak at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 19:39:22 PDT 2011

Hi.

Hope you don't mind me advertising non ruby specific event.

I am organising a satellite event for hack4japan hackathon event on
22nd May (will have on line ideathon on 21st May using Google Wave).
This is a UK satellite  event of hack4japan which are held in several
cities in Japan including disaster affected areas such as Miyagi and
Fukushima.

Please register at lanyrd if you are interested to join. The venue is
currently set at New Bamboo office (http://new-bamboo.co.uk), though it may
change.

http://lanyrd.com/2011/hack4jp-uk-may

I am also looking for other hack ideas, data sets, services, and projects in
English which we can tackle during the hackathon (and also participants),
as most hack4japan discussion are currently held in Japanese (and
translating everything is possible, but not so efficient).

If you have one or know any, please comment at
https://gist.github.com/963717

Some of the projects listed are python or php, but of course you can start
your own ruby project,too.

Thank you and regards,

Makoto