[LRUG] Golf update

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Wed May 11 04:50:45 PDT 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011 15:03:20 +0100, Andrew McDonough <andrew at andrewmcdonough.co.uk> wrote:
> finally one other anonymous team completed the
> course with 1208 characters (if this was you, please let us know who
> you are)

I was on that team, though there were many of us and I can't remember
everyone's names.  Our efforts are at
https://github.com/tomblomfield/rubygolf/blob/master/lib/golf.rb and had
we had another couple of minutes we could have clawed a few characters
back just by using shorter variable names on hole2 ;-)

One of the best LRUG evenings I've been to in recent times, IMO, and my
thanks to Andrew and the organisers: if anyone has other proposals for
more "interactive" events in future I'd support them strongly.

-dan