[LRUG] ShRUG Golf update

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu May 12 04:05:19 PDT 2011

On 12 May 2011 11:33, James Almond <james at jamesalmond.com> wrote:

> 3) Our final solution used the each_cons Enumerable method, which I
> hadn't come across before.

Oooh, I've not come across that before. *furiously shortens solution some
more*

Which brings me to one of the things I think was really useful: the standard
library, particularly Enumerable / Array / Hash, is full of neat methods.
 It's definitely worth going back and reading over the docs for those to see
what there is beyond #each, #map, and #inject.

I already knew this, but it's always worth repeating.  The one problem, in
terms of shortest solution at least, is that often the method names are a
tad long.

Muz