[LRUG] Coding meet up

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Mon May 16 04:15:13 PDT 2011

On 16 May 2011, at 12:05, Andrew McDonough wrote:

> I'm also keen on more practical evenings, and I'd be happy to hold
> some in the Tribesports office.  We're located beside Hoxton station,
> and our office could fit about 20 comfortably or 30 at a squeeze.  The
> only issue is we only have about 12 chairs, so I'd probably need to
> order a few folding ones.  We also have a digital projector for
> presentations.

That'd be very handy for me.

I've been to the Python dojo a few times and really enjoy the "sit down and code on a problem" format.

One of the things the Python guys do is to limit the number of people who can go to a single event. I suspect this is because there's only so much room in the office they use, but it also makes the evening feel a little more personal. It's just a bummer if you want to go and don't manage to book a place on eventwax fast enough...

Oh, and, the company who provides the office sponsors the evening with beer and take away pizza, so everybody stands around getting to know each other at the beginning.