[LRUG] Coding meet up

Aleksandar Simic asimic at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:16:10 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Keith McDonnell <keith at dancingtext.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really enjoyed Ruby golf on Monday (and last years code dojo too).
>
> Does anyone want to meet up every couple of weeks to write & read code
> together? No presentations - just coding.

The Guardian is doing this... kind of a "geek month" for the whole of
May, where you can just turn up at their offices from 4PM and stay
until very late, to code, discuss ... There's free WIFI and there
might be food, but I'm not sure. If interested, email me off list and
I'll send you the address of the guy at their offices who runs this.

> I'm thinking of working on interesting problems and submitting Rails
> patches, similar to Seattle.rb.

Sounds like a good idea.

Also I was thinking of organising a Code Retreat in London. Would
anybody be interested in this sort of thing?

I'm still looking for a suitable venue. By that I mean a place that
will offer free WIFI and is going to be open on Saturday 8:30-17:30h.
So if you know of anywhere, do share.

Thanks,
Aleksandar