[LRUG] Hack 4 Japan UK satellite event in London on 22nd May

Makoto Inoue inouemak at googlemail.com
Sat May 14 10:13:12 PDT 2011

One addition.

One of my friends told me that my pitch does not give clear summary of what
kind of problems need solving through technology. So here are some ideas.

- There are lots of data related to earthquake, tsunami, and radiation (see
the gist). Can you make better visualisation or mash them up to create
anything new?

- What happened in Japan could potentially happen in your area (reference:
list of nuclear power plant around the world
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/mar/18/nuclear-reactors-power-stations-world-list-map).
Can you research how your area could cope with if something like Japan
tsunami and power plant problem happens around your area?

- Investigate open source disaster response related tools and see if it fits
to solve problems in Japan.

- Some of these open source disaster response related tools communities are
struggling to maintain the quality of code. Can you contribute your software
craftsmanship spirits to add test coverage or provide better documentation?

Thanks.

Makoto