[LRUG] Coding meet up

Keith McDonnell keith at dancingtext.com
Mon May 16 12:46:30 PDT 2011

Hi Leo,

On 16/05/11 12:41, chat-request at lists.lrug.org wrote:
 > Out of curiosity (I'm fairly new to this) are there any plans for the day
 > yet? Is it going to be another competitive event (like Ruby Golf) or do you
 > guys have something more collaborative in mind (along the lines of everyone
 > pulling together to solve an interesting problem)?

Good question!

I'm thinking we could write a search app to find UK rubyists.

We could create a gem for the github search page (there's no api):
https://github.com/search?type=Users&language=ruby&q=location%3AUK&repo=&langOverride=&x=0&y=0&start_value=1

Then write a sinatra app to display the results.

If we have time we could plot UK rubyists on a google map canvas.

As a follow up session we could do some graph analysis on the data.

What do you think?

Keith
http://keithmcdonnell.net