[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby engineer + Devops contractor with Loco2

Jon Leighton j at jonathanleighton.com
Wed Nov 16 09:31:21 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

A startup I am working with, Loco2 [http://loco2.co.uk/], is looking to
take some new people on. Please see the two ads below and drop me an
email if you're interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
Jon

[RECRUITERS PLEASE READ: NO]

## [JOB] Ruby engineer with Loco2 ##

Loco2 is a small but passionate startup with a big ambition: to make
European rail travel truly easy and a great alternative to short haul
flights.

Solving this problem means integrating with several different external
booking systems and some complicated business logic.

So we're looking for a SOLID (geddit?) programmer who knows how to do
proper OOP, not someone who will turn a complex problem into a tangled
mess of fat models.

Having a decent amount of Ruby experience is certainly a big plus, but
we won't discount a really good programmer who has more experience in
another language.

Similarly, if you are less experienced but can show you know where
you're going and have potential, then we would be happy to consider
taking you on as a junior member of the team.

You'll be working with Rails core team member Jon Leighton
[https://twitter.com/jonleighton], and the talented developer who
organises St Petersburg Ruby User Group, Eugene Bolshakov
[https://twitter.com/eugenebolshakov]. We are also working with some
great designers.

Hopefully we made clear above that technologies are not so important as
how you use them, but if you're interested: we currently have a Rails
web app, a pure-Ruby backend library, we use HAML/SASS for frontend
stuff, and some CoffeeScript/Backbone.js on the client.

Long-term employment contracts are an option for the right individual,
but we are also happy to consider working with a contractor on a
semi-permanent basis. Competitive salary, negotiable depending on
experience.

We’re based in East London, but are happy to consider remote working for
the right candidate.

## [JOB] Devops contract with Loco2 ##

Loco2 is a small but passionate startup with a big ambition: to make
European rail travel truly easy and a great alternative to short haul
flights.

We’re looking for a devops contractor with in-depth experience of
configuring Ruby on Rails environments using automated server
configuration technologies such as Chef.

The contract will consist of initial setup and then ongoing work agreed
as necessary. Initial work will include configuration and provisioning
of a cloud-hosted server architecture. Ongoing work will include
load-testing and evolution of configuration scripts, server architecture
etc as required.

Loco2 is based in London but that's potentially irrelevant - we're happy
for you to work remotely.

------

[These ads are also available at
http://loco2.co.uk/loco2-hiring-engineer-and-devops/]