[LRUG] Your December LRUG: APIs.

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 07:02:49 PST 2011

Hi all,

The december meeting, scheduled for the 12th, is going to be a
super-API-bonanza-fest.  We have:

Mark Burns talking to us about HATEOAS in a talk, that to the best of my
knowledge, he hasn't (so far) titled: "Haters gonnna HATEOAS".  There is
still time though.  Fingers crossed.

Then we'll have Javier Ramirez talking to us in general about how Rails and
Sinatra make it easy to generate APIs, but they are often not good for
users of APIs.

Wooo.  APIs.

There are more coherent writeups (because they were provided by Mark and
Javier, not me) on the LRUG website here:
http://lrug.org/meetings/2011/11/27/december-2011-meeting/

The SkillsMatter registration isn't up yet, but I expect it will be soon.
 I'll let you know when it is.

The lanyrd page is there though (http://lanyrd.com/2011/lrug-december/) so
there's that.

See you on the 12th.