[LRUG] Funded Startup Seeks Ruby Devs!

Tom Blomfield tom at gocardless.com
Wed Nov 2 08:04:49 PDT 2011

Hi All - please forgive blatant recruiting on the LRUG list. Harry and I (both from GoCardless) has been at a few of the more recent LRUG lists, and enjoyed meeting many of you. We've now finalised our VC funding, and are looking to hire 2-3 developers.

Please feel free to send over any questions via email, or visit us on  campfire - https://gocardless.campfirenow.com/3ae88

Thanks!

Tom

Ruby Developer

GoCardless is a London-based startup that's aiming to transform online payments. We build web-based payments gateways & APIs to allow merchants to bill their customers using bank-to-bank transfer.

We're a year-old startup with VC funding, and pay full market salary, with levels of stock appropriate for a #2 employee.

We're looking for a back-end developer to join our team of 4 (3 of whom are technical), to help us build out our systems & handle user growth. Experience in Ruby on Rails is a plus, but a generalist with experience in any modern OOP language and a desire to learn would do well.

You'll be helping to solve problems like;

Building client libraries for our API in several languages, including Python, PHP, & Perl. And supporting the development of existing open-source GoCardless libraries built by our users.

Intelligently identity-checking and risk-assessing new customers.

Developing integration with interbank systems on a programmatic level, based on a variety of protocols.

Handling the range of challenges you'd expect from a high-growth, high-volume internet start-up; dynamically scaling & load-balancing servers, redundancy, caching, database optimisation and more.

To find out more, please send your CV & github (or other code samples) details to tom at gocardless.com (mailto:tom at gocardless.com)