[LRUG] Battleship: Ruby Fight Club - final preparations

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:45:33 PDT 2011

Good evening.

Ruby Fight Club is tomorrow, on Monday 10th October (unless you're
reading this tomorrow, in which case it's tonight!) . If you've
written a player for the competition, please prepare by doing the
following:

1. Make sure that your player has a unique name. The class name
doesn't matter, but the identifying string is important. Put your
Twitter handle, your GitHub name, your team name if you've done it as
a team, or something similarly unique in there.
2. Bring your player! In order of preference, best first:
  i) Bring it on a USB memory stick tomorrow
  ii) Bring a laptop from which you can transfer it to my memory stick
  iii) Put it somewhere on the internet and tell me where to get it BEFORE 4PM
3. Be ready to give a brief 10-second explanation of your player's
strategy before we start playing
4. Please help me plan by using this form* to let me know how many
players to expect

* http://bit.ly/ru2wGF

Even if you're not participating, please come along! We'll be
discussing the code after the tournament, and I've already heard
people talking about a variety of interesting approaches.

See you tomorrow,
Paul.

PS: Could a link to this please be sent out via the @lrug Twitter account?