[LRUG] Battleships last night

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:07:32 PDT 2011

I've added all the contestants from Monday night to my repository (in
the contestants directory) and added my fitness script in bin/.

I ran the fitness script (which finds how long it takes each player to
sink all the ships on a pre-generated set of 100 random layouts)
against each player, and the results are here: http://bit.ly/q5IlaE

Some of the players crashed, and one took so long that I had to kill
it. I haven't looked into why they crashed.

There's not much (except efficiency!) to separate the top three
players, and I suspect that any one of them could have won if the draw
had turned out differently.

Paul.