[LRUG] Gems that do command line tools like they're Rack apps

gareth rushgrove gareth.rushgrove at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:21:13 PDT 2011

On 31 October 2011 22:14, Adam Carlile <adam at benchmedia.co.uk> wrote:
> Mailcatcher might be worth looking at,
>
> It fires up a daemonized SMTP and HTTP server through a CLI
>
> https://github.com/sj26/mailcatcher

Cheers.

https://github.com/sj26/mailcatcher/blob/master/bin/catchmail

A couple of nice bits to the above config, mainly in syntax shortening
tricks. But it doesn't combine command line flags (which I think most
Ruby apps do OK with) and reading from a configuration file (which I
see too little). I'm a fan of being able to configure things by
dumping files in /etc/ as well. And it's the "as well" part that I'm
particularly interested in finding a nice pattern for.