[LRUG] Outsourcing Bulk Emailing

Albert Mcdonald alb.mcdonald80 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 06:27:08 PDT 2011

Shouldn't the basic question for outsourcing these kind of services be with
the client and in what they actually want? Are you sure it is only about the
speed? Most clients I know don't care about the (non) corporate image of
whatever provider they go with, usually they define what they want and find
any provider that can do that for the right price.

It seems to me that Silverpop is in a completely different league in terms
of service, features (and pricing) than the likes of Mailchimp. You
shouldn't compare apples and oranges.

If it is Silverpop they are looking at now, other options might include
Experian, ExactTarget and Epsilon. If it is basic e-mail services they want
there are all kinds of solutions, both UK and US based.

The comment on wanting a UK based vendor might actually mean they do know
their legal issues...

Albert