[LRUG] Seeking front end developer - ruby / js

Matt Haynes Matt.Haynes at bbc.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 02:43:58 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I've been lurking on this list for a while but never actually posted! However, through proxy we have previously hired three brilliant developers from LRUG so here's hoping for a fourth, hope you guys don't mind ...

BBC Vision are looking to hire a Javascript Developer for a 2-3 month contract, with the possibility of ongoing work.

The position is within a small, friendly R&D team who are prototyping new ways to search, navigate and share BBC TV.

The role will be to develop and refine the user interface of our prototype search system - the front end is fairly AJAX-heavy with a large JS codebase (currently using backbone.js and jQuery).  In addition, the role will be responsible for CSS, accessibility and cross browser compatibility.

The ideal candidate would be an experienced developer who is confident about expressing themselves. Constructive critics are welcome and this would be a good opportunity to make you mark on an existing codebase in a really interesting new area of web development.

The project is built on Ruby on Rails so any experience with that would be a bonus. It’s worth noting that we’re a Linux/Mac-based team, so we may not be able to provide much support for Windows-based developers.

We’d like to hire immediately but are willing to be flexible for the right candidate.  We are also flexible about remote / home working once you've got up to speed.  The team normally has a single weekly face-to-face in White City, W12 and works remotely the rest of the week.

If you would like to put yourself forward for the role (or want to find out more details) please email rob.cooper at bbc.co.uk with your CV and contact details.

NB, We prefer to hire direct - so no agencies, thanks.

Many thanks,

Matt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/