[LRUG] More developer jobs at GDS

James Stewart jystewart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:32:33 PDT 2011

A couple of months back we posted here looking for people to come and work on the Government Single Domain project (the successor to Alpha.gov.uk) and got a great response. So thanks for that. Now we need lots more people.

We're looking for people in a variety of roles -- developers, tech architects, product leads, creative leads, web ops -- to help transform the way government builds products and delivers services on the web. It's an enormously exciting opportunity to work on something that will make a difference to the life of millions of people, and there are plenty of meaty problems to work on. We try and write about it from time to time at http://digital.cabinetoffice.gov.uk

We recently realised that the past four LRUG meetings have featured members of our team or discussion of a GDS product, and we're a little proud of that. And as well as a great team of developers, you'd be working alongside some fantastic editors, product folks and domain experts, from our new office right by Holborn station.

The one downside is the application process, for which we can only apologise. We're changing how things are done, but can only go a step at a time. If you can make it through the nasty MS Word forms we'd love to hear from you.

(a number of us will also be at Ruby Manor so do come and ask for more details, or email, or ask @GovUK or @jystewart on twitter)

More details at:

Developer: http://uk.authenticjobs.com/jobs/10480/developer
Technical Architect: http://uk.authenticjobs.com/jobs/10440/technical-architect