[LRUG] Ru3y Manor!

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Tue Sep 6 02:56:18 PDT 2011

One and all,

Rejoice! The Guvner will be opening the doors to the Ruby Manor once more:

http://rubymanor.org/3/

Date: Saturday October 29th, 2011[1]
Time: TBC (probably from 10am-6pm)
Location: University of Westminster, New Cavendish Street Campus, London, W1W 6UW[2]
Price: TBC (it'll be in the ballpark of past Manors)

Like previous Manors (and perhaps in the future, all right-thinking conferences) the community will generate and shape the agenda by proposing talks they're willing to give, and providing suggestions on how to shape the talks they'd like to hear.  Unlike previous Manors, they'll be doing it on http://vestibule.rubymanor.org/ instead of the mailing list.

Vestibule is where you, the attendees, will develop the talks we'll eventually hear in October.  It's a simple tool; all you need is a Twitter login and the beginning of an idea and you're set. Vestibule is also open source[3], and we'll be building on it (perhaps with your help?) over the next few weeks.  We'll be in touch in a few days explaining the rationale for something beyond a mailing list for discussing talks this year.

For all peripheral conversation and questions about other parts of the Ruby Manor experience, the mailing list[4] is where it's at, and together with the blog[5] and Twitter accounts[6], it's where you can expect to be kept up to date with what's going on.

Tickets will go on general sale at the start of October.  There'll be about 150 of them, so there should be plenty for everyone.  That said, we want to make sure that the people who are the most involved are able to come.  Therefore if you contribute to the agenda (or general experience) via Vestibule or the mailing list, we'll make sure there's a ticket with your name on it if you want to buy it.  Finally, as with previous Manors, if you propose a talk that is selected you'll get a ticket for free (or a refund if you've already bought one).

We'll be in touch with more details as we finalize them.  In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions and get collaborating on those talk proposals!

Cheers

Murray, James, Tom

[1]: http://lanyrd.com/2011/ru3y-manor/
[2]: http://osm.org/go/euu4PIcEx-