[LRUG] Looking to meet...

Ben Griffiths bengriffiths at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:47:01 PDT 2011

Oh boy.

First of all, thanks for all those people who've replied to me
off-list. It seems you get what I'm talking about and are interested,
I'll get back to you all shortly.

Blimey, this mailing list is much nastier and more hostile than it
used to be. Where are the nice people hanging out these days? Are they
all off doing node or something? Kind of sad that the ruby community
is like this these days.

Sorry if I offended you, Paul and Michael, by somehow suggesting I'd
pay you with stale dog biscuits and wafer crumbs. I'm fine with you
not getting in touch. I'm sure you're right about me being 'frankly
unprofessional', by the way.

Everyone else: putting the tongue-in-cheek aside, I'm looking for
junior-mid range developers to join an interesting London-based
start-up. It's very early days, so this is a call for CVs and
collaborators who would be interested in working, learning and
experiencing the early heady days of a start-up.

Of course you'll be paid, and well, but if it's money you're after, go
make iPhone apps for breakfast cereals and TV shows or CMSs for banks.
But if your understanding of what it means to be a professional is
broader than money, your early career should be biased towards places
in which you will learn the most, the most quickly.

>From this thread you'll have seen some of the people who've worked for
me before and what they have to say about me - don't let the trolls
put you off.

Ben