[LRUG] Ru3y Manor diversity

rob rob.02004 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 13:14:14 PDT 2011

Just told my partner about this thread. She's a programmer too.

She said "a anti-harassment policy makes it sound like you're had trouble with this before, and makes me hesitant to go there. But that's just me, other women might think differently."

She doesn't program in Ruby, yet :)

Just asked her what would make it interesting for her. She said a fun introductory Ruby talk, maybe comparing to other languages like C++; gimmicky things like cake; interesting things people have done with Ruby, anything music related would be good.

I'm off to the vestibule now to see what's there already:
http://vestibule.rubymanor.org/proposals

cheers,
Rob