[LRUG] FutureGov looking for Rails freelancer(s)

anu at wearefuturegov.com anu at wearefuturegov.com
Tue Sep 20 04:13:50 PDT 2011

 Hey all,

FutureGov is a small consultancy focused on changing the shape of government and public sector services. We're currently looking for 1 (or 2) Rails freelancers to help us out with a project and some support.

1. Rails developer for application prototyping (6 - 8 weeks full time, starting late October / early November)

We'll be working with a local county council to prototype a number of applications. The exact nature of these applications will come out of a service design engagement that we're currently engaged in.

We need a experienced Rails developer who is used to working with ambiguity and who can quickly prototype applications working in close concert with service designers and end users. You'll need to be comfortable with front end work (Haml/erb + Javascript) as well as setting up MySQL databases, web servers and virtual hosts, using git, agile development processes. Local government knowledge and experience would be useful, and you must have a talent for extracting order from chaos! There's a strong possibility that additional work will come out of this.

2. Rails developer to support pilot application (October - December, part time - up to 1 day per week)

We have a Rails application that deals with information and communication around social care. We're piloting this from October with a different county council, and will need a good Rails developer to help support it - we don't think there will be many issues, but need someone to be available if there are. We're currently determining the SLA and response times for the pilot, but it is possible that any support work would need to happen onsite in Staffordshire (a couple of hours by train from London).

Our ideal outcome would be to find a single person for both engagements, but we will split them if necessary.

Cheers

anu

--
Anu Gupta