[LRUG] Acceptance-testing facebook canvas applications

Anthony Green anthony.green at bbc.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 20:20:58 PDT 2011

> I'd considered testing the iframe contents in isolation, but I was
> writing tests that covered the whole user journey ("I log into
> facebook, I visit such and such a page, I click like, then I should
> see such and such a tab, I click the tab...")

It's generally considered better form to write declarative rather than
imperative scenarios.

http://benmabey.com/2008/05/19/imperative-vs-declarative-scenarios-in-user-stories.html

Where

Business Logic ---- map to ---> Scenarios
Workflows      ---- map to ---> Step definitions
Activities     ---- map to ---> Classes and Modules

I think Matt Wynne's book is a must read for anyone adopting Cucumber:

http://pragprog.com/book/hwcuc/the-cucumber-book

--
Anthony Green
Apprentice Developer : BBC Future Media