[LRUG] Looking to meet...

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 06:24:15 PDT 2011

On 14 September 2011 14:15, Chris Kimpton <chris at kimptoc.net> wrote:
>> On 13 September 2011 21:07, Ben Griffiths <bengriffiths at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this *really* a pitch for "make me money for nothing in return"?
>> :-/
>
> Now now - thats not fair

I'm not trying not to be fair. Hopefully, I'm trying the opposite -
offering an opportunity to clarify whether my understanding is right
or wrong. It may be that the post is subtly ironic, and it flew over
my head.

> there is the experience you would gain from
> this - thats got to be worth quite a bit, especially to a junior dev.

I would prefer that they got "market salary" for market experience...
but to be honest, if I get one more "this'll look great on your CV"
proposal, I might just go postal (or sarcastically point the recruiter
at http://www.no-spec.com/)

> I'd hope a "sharp" one would ensure they get stock/share options to go
> with that salary...

The OP specifically states "no perks"... if there was an opportunity
for that compensation, I would have thought it would have been
flagged?